Fresh Starts In Spring

18:00


Spring is definitely one of my favourite seasons of the year, if not my favourite season because it is a time of fresh starts. I genuinely don't feel like the new year actually begins until Springtime, so I do have a valid excuse for being pretty down for the most of the Winter months, duh! I hate Winter with an undying passion and always find myself getting the Winter blues each year without fail - this Winter was no exception, and it was horrible. 

I found myself in a massive rut in general - I felt like I wasn't going anywhere with my job, I had no motivation for my personal projects, I was sleeping in late every day that I could, and I just generally felt down about life. I spent the majority of days in my living room, sitting against the radiator with a book; wanting to read but not actually reading, I found myself scrolling all of my social feeds over and over and over whilst thinking that I wasn't doing anything with my life. I wasn't. I was in this endless cycle of self-destruction, and I could see it before my very own eyes.

Now, I know this sounds super coincidental, but as soon as Spring hit I just all of a sudden came out of this rut and had so many ideas of what I wanted to do with my life - it was weird. Among all that inspiration, I came to the conclusion that I had to get away, and soon! I've been wanting to move away from my hometown for the longest time ever - granted, I travelled Australia and New Zealand for 2 years, but I came back to the same town and got back into the same rut that I was in before I left. So I decided it was gonna happen sooner rather than later.

I am now moving to Peterborough and it's all happened rather quickly - as if it was all meant to happen in the first place - it's weird how the world works like that. Everything has just slotted into place, and sometimes I feel that it's all too good to be true, and then I realised that no, I actually do deserve this break. I found a job and a place to live all in the space of a week, and it's all been a bit of a whirlwind. 

I am a tiny bit overwhelmed with feelings on this right now; I'm scared, I'm excited, I'm nervous but I'm definitely letting my fear fuel me as I just know that this is the right move for me. It's definitely a brand new start for me in the Spring, and I'm excited to get started and bring you along on my journey!

You Might Also Like

0 comments