Journaling

14:43


I bought a bullet journal a little while ago with the sole intention of seriously starting to get organised. I got everything set up, pretty minimalistic, did a week of to-do lists, and like usual, I just stopped and gave up - not for lack of being unorganised, but because it really isn't for me and this is my second time trying it. In fact, the only thing I like about the bullet journal is the habit tracker, and I can do that elsewhere. ANYWAYS, I started using the journal for a different purpose - journaling - funnily enough.

I've always wanted to write a journal because I absolutely love writing by hand - I started typing one once and didn't like it, but whenever I thought of physically writing it, I just assumed that I would get bored and not continue. I was also afraid that I wouldn't be able to write every day and that I would struggle to find things to talk about, but this hasn't been the case at all and I've been successfully writing every day now for 13 days.

13 DAYS OF WRITING?! 13 days of doing ANYTHING habitually?! Although this may sound like nothing to you, this is one of my biggest achievements to date. I haven't stuck at anything for this long (other than my blog) in such a long time, and for it to be something as mindful as journaling is a massive plus for me. I've been really into self-help recently, and feel that journaling has made me feel more prepared for the day.

In my journal I've been able to get troubles off my mind, clear my head and remember things that I have done. Even if I do repeat myself in the future, it doesn't matter, as I'm the only one that's able to read it at the moment. It's almost become a habit for me now as well, as the first thing I think of doing each morning, instead of sleeping in, is writing in my journal. 2 weeks ago, I would have been sleeping in until 9:30AM every day, but now I'm getting up between 7:30AM and 8AM, and I'm keen to write the thoughts that I have woken up with. Admittedly, I haven't always written it first thing in the morning due to one reason or another, but most days I've been able to do it and am so proud of myself for it.

Do you journal?

You Might Also Like

0 comments