Mindset Shifts

13:48


As I've mentioned in my previous post about dealing with stresses at work, there's been a lot of shit happening in my workplace. It's taken me a while, but I think I've finally learned how to deal with it and how to let go.

Towards the end of last year was when it all started and I most definitely did not deal with it well to begin with - I would cry, I was massively negative at work as well as at home, and I just generally couldn't see the light at the end of the tunnel. Funnily enough, I was still journaling my feelings out at this point in time, but my frame of mind was so dire that I may as well have been shouting into a void for the amount of use it had.

I almost stopped caring at one point when it dawned on me that I shouldn't stop caring, but I should stop worrying. I'm a very conscientious worker, and I strive to do a good job no matter what, and for things to be falling apart in front of my eyes made me feel useless - why couldn't I fix what was happening? I couldn't fix it because it was out of my control! Why and how can I worry about something that is completely out of my hands. 

I started to let go.
I started to put myself first and focus on my own wellbeing. 
I did all this because dragging myself down for something that is completely out of my control is destructive.

I'm not gonna lie and say that my journal is now a source of wholesome positivity, because that's bullshit at it's finest. I still rant and rave in there about what's worrying me and making me feel like crap, but I now have the mindset that once it's written down, I should at least try and let it go and move on.

There was a point in my life where I would always see the silver lining of everything, and I feel like I'm starting to get back to that place - I'm taking myself out of negative situations, removing myself from negative people when I can, and not succumbing to letting that be my vibe.

Positive attracts positive the same way that negative attracts negative. If you keep telling yourself that things will never get better, then they won't, but if you tell yourself and believe that you can do great things, then by god will you do great things. Recently, I've been telling myself, and others, that I feel so much better mentally than I did a few months ago, and each and every day that goes past that I say it, I feel better than the day before. I'm not saying that I'm immune to having down days, because that's absolutely natural, but it's how you deal with those days that defines you as a person.

I'm excited to grow on this journey and I'm so grateful to have this little slice of the internet to share it all with.

You Might Also Like

0 comments