I'm still on my road to learning

13:45


A few years ago, I went through a phase of reading every personal development book under the sun - I absolutely love the idea of bettering myself and I would plow through these books like there was no tomorrow. However, upon reflection of this time, I now realise that I was just reading them, I wasn't absorbing or even using any of the information to my advantage. I thought I was bettering myself, but I never actioned any of the ideas, I just read them and moved on.

I've started reading these books again in the past few weeks, but I've been taking my time with it; reading a chapter each day and writing a page full of notes to really absorb the information to use at some point in the future. I've also started watching a lot of videos and listening to a lot of podcasts on the law of attraction and manifestation which I've found massively interesting, to implement into my life. 

I've been obsessed with learning about manifestation, that I've decided to try a couple of methods:

MEDITATING
I've always been a BIG advocate for Headspace, the meditation app, but in the past few days I've started to do some unguided meditations by myself. I've just sat cross-legged on my bed, closed my eyes, taken a few deep breaths and just sat in silence letting my mind do what it wants to do. I do start off with some of the exercises Headspace has taught me in my head, but I've been trying to think of things that I want to happen to me in the future. I create scenarios in my head that I am willing to happen in the future; I must not contradict myself or let any negative thought slip into my mind. If my mind wanders, that's okay, I just bring it back by focussing on my breath and start again.

WRITING SCENARIOS
This is something that I did for the first time last night - I wrote down a scenario of what I wanted to happen in my life, included how I would feel, and an honest reaction to how it would go down. This may seem like I'm writing a fan-fiction of my own life, but I wanted to try and see if this type of manifestation did anything for me.

Right now, I don't particularly want to start blogging about the best way to manifest, how to attract x and y into your life, or how to raise your vibrations, simply because I don't know enough yet - I'm still on my road to learning. I want to share with you what I'm trying, my experiences with it, how it's affecting me, and what impact it's had on my life. I'm still a complete beginner in this field, but I thought I would document my findings and let you what worked for me, what didn't, how things have changed, and what I'm trying next.

Learning life's lessons is not about making your life perfect, but about seeing life as it was meant to be
- Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

You Might Also Like

0 comments