Favourite Book Quotes | #1

18:00

I love myself a good quote, and one of the best things about having a kindle is the ability to be able to highlight certain passages from your books so they are stored for later perusal. I enjoy looking back at the things that I have highlighted and remembering what it meant to me at the time. The quotes that I highlight aren't necessarily profound, as much as I may have just found them funny, but I highlight words that just speak to me in one way or another. 

These are a few quotes from fiction books I have read within the last year. I may create another quotes post with quotes that I love from my personal development books at a later date, which speak to me in a completely different way. For now, enjoy, what are some of your favourite quotes?


On that first day, looking back, I was as boring as organic gluten-free porridge with no sugar
All of the Above - Juno Dawson

Someone who understood that using the "f" word wasn't a measure of my lack of imagination. Sometimes using that word just made me feel free 
Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe - Benjamin Alire Saenz

Even if you do order the wrong thing, it's just food. It's no big deal compared with mistakes in life.
IQ84 - Haruki Murakami

This was, I would later realise, a planet of things wrapped inside things. Food inside wrappers. Bodies inside clothes. Contempt inside smiles. Everything was hidden away.
The Humans - Matt Haig

You don't have to be an academic. You don't have to be anything. Don't force it. Feel your way, and don't stop feeling your way until something fits. Maybe nothing will. Maybe you are a road, not a destination. That is fine. Be a road. But make sure it's one with something to look at out of the window.
The Humans - Matt Haig

Don't feel bad for one moment about doing what brings you joy.
A Court of Thorns and Roses - Sarah J. Maas

There's no creature more amazing than one that can make it's own light.
The Light of the Fireflies - Paul Pen

Cruelty does not make a person dishonest, the same way bravery does not make a person kind.
Insurgent - Veronica Roth

Do nothing, and nothing happens. Life if about decisions. You either make them or they're made for you, but you can't avoid them.
You Had Me At Hello - Mhairi McFarlane

You Might Also Like

0 comments