Something Has Changed Within Me

18:50


♪ Final Fantasy XV Soundtrack - Yoko Shimomura

Call me cliche and tell me that you've heard this a thousand times over, but this is the start of something new - not just this blog, but everything in my life. I'm turning over a new leaf with more confidence, more motivation and more drive than I have ever felt before in my life. Something changed in me when I went travelling, and I don't just want to let it fly away from my grasp; I want to care for it and help it to grow, because I know for a fact that this is not the finished article of my life.

When I was away, something just clicked; I couldn't tell you what it was or when it happened, but it did. I was always the person that would have an amazing burst of inspiration that would last a week before it fizzled out again, but this time I feel it's different in my core. Now, to the unseeing eye, this may sound like another case of "weekly inspiration", but I have had this feeling now for almost 6 months whilst I've been on the other side of the world. In fact, whilst I was travelling, a part of me couldn't wait to get home to implement all of the new things I wanted to do in my life, and it ate me alive that I couldn't start everything then and there. 6 months of constant thoughts, ideas and excitement just never happens for me, so I needed to act on this as soon as possible!

Yes, I'm being kind of vague with what I'm excited about, but it's an amalgamation of different aspects of my life; work, health, lifestyle and confidence. I'm excited to pour a lot of my inspiration into writing here on this blog, and I couldn't say where exactly it's leading, but I know it's in the right direction and that's all that matters to me.

(Pst, whilst writing this, I couldn't help but think back to Wicked's "Defying Gravity" lyrics - "Something has changed within me, something is not the same, I'm through with playing by the rules of someone else's game" - hence the title, haha)

You Might Also Like

0 comments